I'm a team player.


That said, I am also great at working cooperatively with other people. I ask for help when I need to and I am eager to help others.




I know that if I'm chosen to be SILS' representative, I will be able to adapt quickly to being outside my comfort zone and work with the other students without difficulty. I have been in similar situations many times before. 

For example, when I began working in Wilson this semester, I had absolutely no idea how an archive worked.




I didn't know what R&I's purpose was, I thought I'd never learn the names of the 239471230956 people who work in Wilson, and I was a bit timid about enforcing the strict rules of the reading room. But I immediately made a reputation for myself as the one who asks questions, gets involved, and cooperates in order to tackle something new to me.  

Within a very short time, I felt confident enough to delegate our undergraduate assistants and take on more difficult reference projects, thanks to my ability to work well with my supervisor and colleagues. Now I'm a pro at enforcing the rules.