So here's the bottom line...

I love SILS. I love libraries. I love the patrons I work with, even the particularly annoying ones. I love our community, both the UNC community and the international community built around our profession. 




I would really love to be SILS' Student-to-Staff representative. I want to give something back, and I want to take advantage of every opportunity that comes my way. I'm eager to put myself out there and get started working in the field, and this program sounds like the perfect way to get started. 

I can't afford to get to ALA myself, so this program is essentially my last resort. At least while I'm a student. It would mean everything to me if I could go. Also, on a completely selfish level, I've never been to Chicago, and I may never get another chance to go. And I was a music major. Hello, jazz capital of the northern US?



So please consider me for this position. I know I'm the best woman for the job. I would really love the chance to prove that to you too!